Lipper Fund: European Investors Return to the Bond Markets
The Lipper Fund Flow Review Q1 2019 is out. These are the highlights:
- The European fund industry faced estimated net outflows in Q1 2019. These outflows came after the first year with estimated net outflows since 2012.
- The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe amounted to net outflows of €58.3 bn for Q1 2019.
- Bond funds (+€34.8 bn) was the best-selling individual asset type overall for Q1 2019.
- Bond Emerging Markets Global in Hard Currencies (+€11.3 bn) was the best-selling sector among long-term funds for Q1 2019.
- PIMCO, with net sales of €8.3 bn, was the best-selling fund promoter for Q1 2019 overall, well ahead of Credit Mutuel (+€3.7 bn) and AB (+€3.3 bn).
- The outflows over Q1 2019 were nearly equally split between non-retail and retail investors.
- The European fund market increased by 28 funds over the course of Q1 2019
(Source: Lipper Fund, Refinitiv)