ETFGI: ETFs and ETPs listed in US reached new record at the end of 2019
ETFGI, a leading independent research and consultancy firm covering trends in the global ETFs/ETPs ecosystem, reported today that ETFs and ETPs listed in United States gained net inflows of US$56.15 billion during December, bringing year-to-date net inflows to US$330.24 billion. Assets invested in the US ETFs/ETPs industry have increased by 3.3%, from US$4.28 trillion at the end of November, to $4.42 trillion, and 30.4% during 2019, according to ETFGI's December 2019 US ETFs and ETPs industry landscape insights report, an annual paid-for research subscription service. (All dollar values in USD unless otherwise noted.)
- Assets invested in the US ETF/ETP industry reached a new high record of $4.42 trillion.
- Assets are up 30.4% year to date which is greater than the 18.8% CAGR over the past 10 years.
- During December, ETFs/ETPs listed in US attracted $56.15 billion in net inflows with Equity products dominating Fixed Income.
- Year-to-date net inflows of $330.24 billion are the 2nd highest behind December 2017 with $468.35 billion.
- January 22nd will mark the 27th anniversary of the listing of the first successful ETF in the U.S. – the SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust ticker SPY