Refinitiv: European ETF market report – August 2019
In the monthly European ETF market report, Detlef Glow, Lipper’s head of EMEA research at Refinitiv, draws the following conclusions:
- European ETF promoters faced first net outflows since February 2016
- The promoters of ETFs faced net outflows of €8.8 bn for August.
- The assets under management in the European ETF industry (€757.0 bn) increased during August, up from €772.8 bn as of July 31, 2019.
- Bond ETFs (+€3.3 bn) posted the highest net inflows in the European ETF industry for August.
- The best-selling Lipper global classification for August was Bond EMU Government (+€1.1 bn), followed by Bond USD High Yield (+€0.7 bn) and Bond Global Corporates USD (+€0.6 bn).
- iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for August (+€1.2 bn), ahead of Vanguard Group (+€1.1 bn) and BNP Paribas (+€0.4 bn).
- The 10 best-selling funds gathered total net inflows of €4.1 bn for August.
- The best-selling ETF for August, iShares $ HighYield Corp Bond UCITS ETF USD Dist, accounted for net inflows of €0.6 bn.
Please click below for the full report: