Refinitiv: European fund industry returns to net inflows in H1 2019
Refinitiv published its H1 2019 report on the European fund industry from Lipper.
Highlights from the report:
- The European fund industry enjoyed estimated net inflows over the course of the first half of 2019. These inflows follow the first year with estimated net outflows since 2011.
- Overall outflows in 2018 amounted to €129.2 bn EUR
- The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe amounted to net inflows of €41.3 bn for H1 2019.
- Bond funds (+€130.7 bn) was the best-selling individual asset type overall for H1 2019.
- Bond Global USD (+€32.9 bn) was the best-selling sector overall.
- AXA, with net sales of €28.6 bn, was the best-selling fund promoter for H1 2019 overall, well ahead of BlackRock (+€23.1 bn), and PIMCO (+€23.0 bn), bn).
- The overall flows from non-retail (+€15.6 bn) and retail investors (+€25.5 bn) were in the same direction, even as Q2 2019 showed an opposite flow pattern.
- The European fund market increased by 43 funds over the course of H1 2019.