Seminar Disruptive Innovation & Long Term Investing
November 9, 9am – 5.30pm
Current economic and investment trends will change the investing landscape over the next two decades and we are at a turning point which presents huge risks as well as opportunities to investors. During the seminar questions will be answered like:
- What are the opportunities & challenges that society is currently facing?
- What are the challenges that investors are currently facing and how to translate these challenges into a long term investment policy?
- How does disruptive innovation influence Long Term Investing?
- How to take advantage of disruptive forces like climate change, big data, internet of things and blockchain?
Please mark your calendar and join us at our seminar on Disruptive Innovation & Long Term Investing on Thursday November 9, 2017 from 9am until 5.30pm, followed by a networking reception. Top speakers will share their views with you via plenary presentations as well as via various breakout sessions that can be chosen from.
Gerald Cartigny (CIO and Member of the Managing Board, MN) will be chairing this event.
8:00 Registration and reception
Gerald Cartigny (CIO, MN)
9.15: 2018 Cyclical Macro Outlook: As Good as It Gets
Joachim Fels (Global Economic Advisor, Managing Director, PIMCO)
9.45: Long Term Investing - Mission, Beliefs, Design, Implementation
Jaap van Dam (Principal Director Investment Strategy, PGGM)
10.15: Long Term Investing in action
Lars Dijkstra (CIO, KCM)
10.45: Panel discussion: how to deal with the disruptive force of Climate Change in your investment portfolio?
Anette Andersson (ESG Investment Specialist, SEB Investment Management – introduced by UBP), Michael Lewis (Head of ESG Thematic Research, Deutsche Asset Management), Han Dieperink (CIO, Rabobank Retail & Private Banking) and Erik Jan Stork (Fiduciary Manager Responsible Investment, APG Asset Management)
11.15: Coffee Break
11.45-12.45: Breakout session 1 (11:45 – 12:15 & 12:15 – 12:45)
- A. Making every Euro count – how Fintech is revolutionizing investing and pension savings as we know it
Martin Mlynár (Managing Director and co-founder, Corestone Investment Managers)
- B. The Future of Responsible Investment: An evolving global market
Rose Beale (Responsible Investment Analyst, Columbia Threadneedle Investments)
- C. The Electric Vehicle Disruption
Mathieu Poitrat Rachmaninoff (Global Automotive Analyst, Newton Investment Management – a BNY Mellon Company)
- D. Investing in Disruptive Technologies
Alexandre Mouthon (Senior Product Specialist Thematic Equities, Pictet Asset Management)
13.45-14.45: Breakout session 2 (13:45 – 14:15 & 14:15 – 14:45)
- E. Technology innovation: Friend or foe?
Nick Blake (Head of Marketing and Product, Vanguard)
- F. Life Insurance-Linked Securities
Daniel Ineichen (Head ILS Portfolio Management, Schroders)
- G. Converting disruptive forces into investment ideas
Barney Rowe (Senior Data Scientist, Fidelity International)
- H. Asset Flows and Behavioural Finance: The analysis of non-fundamental market drivers
Thorsten Neumann (Head of Quant & Risk Management, Union Investment)
14.45: Coffee Break
15.15-16.15: Breakout session 3 (15:15 – 15:45 & 15:45 – 16:15)
- I. The 4th Industrial Revolution: Where are the Productivity Gains? Implications for Investors
Stefan Hofrichter (Head of Global Economics & Strategy, Allianz Global Investors)
- J. New Perspectives on Managing your Climate Risks
Lars Kurznack (Senior Manager, KPMG Sustainability)
- K. Energy Returns & Biophysical Limits: a Road Map for Sustainability
Patrick Kent (Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, Wellington Management)
- L. Disruptive Technologies and Resource Efficiency
David Winborne (Senior Portfolio Manager and Director, Impax Asset Management – a partner of BNP Paribas Asset Management)
16.15: Coffee Break
16.30: Geopolitical Trends and their Impact on Financial Markets
Prof. Dr. Rob de Wijk (Director at The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies, Strategic Advisor at The Hague Security Delta, Chairman National Security Think Tank and Professor of International Relations at University of Leiden)
17.00: Panel discussion: how does disruptive innovation influence Long Term Investing?
Martin Sanders (Managing Director, Altis Investment Management), Hans de Ruiter (CIO, Stichting Pensioenfonds TNO), Paul van Gent (CIO, Corestone Investment Managers), Wesley Lebeau (Global Thematic Senior Portfolio Manager, CPR Asset Management, a boutique from Amundi Asset Management) and Justus van Halewijn (CIO, SPF Beheer)
17.30: Summary and Conclusion
17.35: Drinks and Networking Reception